Continuous Learning Information Plan in the event of an extended school closure 2020 As per the instructions given by CBSE, Vimala Public School has designed a plan which promotes continuous learning during the pandemic COVID 19. Implementation of the Continuous Learning Plan will begin in the 1stweek of June, 2020. Continuous Learning Plan will include information on how students and families can access the various learning options included in the plan. Additionally, important contact information on how to access technology support, and other services will also be included. Further, the school administration will be conducting a telephonic survey of students and families to provide feedback on necessary adjustments needed to increase the effectiveness of teaching and learning.
Guidelines for students
- Establish daily routines for engaging in the learning experiences.
- Identify a comfortable, quiet space in your home where you can attend the classes effectively and successfully.
- Regularly monitor online platforms (Google GSuite (including Gmail, forms, Classroom, Meet, etc.), Official Class wise Whatsapp group, email, etc.) to check for announcements and feedback from your teachers.
- Attend the class regularly on the allotted time.
- Complete the assignments with integrity and academic honesty.
- Be regular in your studies.
- Communicate proactively with your teachers if you cannot meet deadlines or require additional support.
- Collaborate and support your VIMALA PUBLIC SCHOOL peers in their learning
- Comply with our School Policy, including expectations for online etiquette
- Proactively seek out and communicate with other officials at VIMALA PUBLIC SCHOOL as different needs arise.
Suggestions for Parents
- Provide an environment conductive to learning.
- Establish routines and expectations.
- Monitor communications from your ward’s teachers
- Be regular in checking the class whatsApp group.
- Make sure that they have all the materials necessary to complete all the assignments.
- Make sure all the work is completed.
- Take an active role in helping your children in their learning, if possible.
- Encourage physical activity and/or exercise, encourage your ward to attend the Physical Education classes.
- Be a caring counselor when they find any difficulty in coping up with the situation.
- Remain mindful of your child’s stress or worry, encourage the growth of mind set.
- Monitor how much time your child is spending online
- Keep your children social, but set rules around their social media interactions.
- Make sure your ward is not missing any classes.
- Be a strict invigilator during their online exams.
Communication with Staff, Students and Parents
Vimala Public School uses different methods to communicate with the students and their parents. Families should expect more specific information from the school and teachers that directly serve their students. Staff and administrators are working behind the scenes to ensure each of our students has an opportunity to continue learning. The table below describes these systems:
|Channel||Audience||Description & Access|
|Text Messages||Teachers, Staff, Parents||Text messages will be used for all major communications and announcements.|
|Whatsapp Group Message||Principals, Teachers, staff, parents, students||WhatsApp Group Message will be used for all major communications and announcements, including class time table. Teachers will also use whatsApp to communicate the students about learning activities.|
|Google GSuite||Classes||Google GSuite (including Gmail,forms,
Classroom, , Meet, etc.) is introduced as a platform for teaching learning process.
|VIMALA PUBLIC SCHOOL Website||IV to X Grade Students||Vimala Public School maintains all general information in the school website www.vimalakuttampuzha.org|
- Will be available to teachers, parents, and students during regular school hours
- Communicate weekly messages to students/families
- Conduct scheduled meetings (virtual) with teachers twice in a month.
- Support staff and students/families shifting to a continuous learning environment
- Support all teachers in the implementation of the Continuous Learning Plan
- Assist teachers with creating activities
- Recommend new methods and techniques for providing feedback to students
- Support teachers and teams in developing strategies to differentiate instruction
- Conduct extracurricular activities for students including Day Celebrations.
- Provide ongoing feedback to help e-learning informative and motivational for the learners.
Guidelines for Teachers
- To be an effective online teacher
- Let the students do the work.
- Nurture a supportive online community.
- Think before you write.
- Ask for feedback.
- Foster personal relationship with each student.
- Collaborate with other members of your team or department to design learning experiences for your students
- Communicate frequently with your students and, as needed, with their parents
- Provide timely feedback to support your students’ learning
- Use allowed virtual platforms to conduct advisory check-ins with students in their batches.
- Listen to their fears and provide some calming words and encouragement.
- Assess with families what technology is available to them for virtual home visits.
- Schedule Interactive Video Conferencing or Telecommunication Home Visits with families
- During class hours teachers need to be available online to answer student questions via video call, Zoom, Google Meet, or Google Classroom.
- Wear appropriate attire if virtually delivering content to students. Be conscious about lighting and what is being displayed in the background.
- Plan interesting learning activities
- Communicate clear, student-friendly directions for learning activities
- Remember to maintain some form of evidence of student learning during continuous learning.
- Develop activities/lesson that helps students sustain and/or deepen their understanding of previously taught content and skills
- Teachers should stick on to the Annual pedagogical plan
- Teachers should keep the records of Teacher’s Diary, Tests & Integrated and Experiential Learning Activities conducted, progress track of students, anecdotes, and the resources used.
- Help students in crisis, from school during class hours.
- Maintain bank of social-emotional lessons
- Be available for counseling sessions virtually with a prior appointment through Principal.
- Collaborate with colleagues to find resources for high-quality learning experiences and research
- Be available for teachers and students as needed for support
Co curricular Activities
Develop a bank of learning opportunities, exercises, and physical activities for students, and share these with class room.
Develop a bank of learning opportunities, projects, and activities for students, and share these with classroom.
For queries, parents and students can contact the school through the following ways. Students can contact their respective subject teachers to clarify their doubts or queries regarding classes and assignments. Contact numbers are available in the school website and class WhatsApp groups.
For queries related with technical problems and issues, students can contact the Help Desk: 9946777053.
For emotional support students can contact the school counselor. Contact No: 04852588046
For other issues regarding online learning, students can contact Principal.